Mix of wood shavings and plant fibers
The particle size is uniquely compounded and sifted multiple times to achieve optimum absorbency. The bedding comprises a controlled moisture content.
- 100 percent dust free
- No crusting, as is the case with e.g. unmixed peat
- Marked reduction in the scalding of pads
- Approved as organic bedding
- 100 percent dust-free on application
- High absorbency capacity
- Low pH-value = low bacterial growth
- Good bearing strength
- Ensures optimum humidity on the introduction of a fresh brood of chicken
- Labour-saving as the product is easily applied and as no additional watering of the bedding is required due to the natural moisture content of the product.
Packed in big bales of each 6,000 litres/6m3. Delivered on disposable pallets measuring 980×1,150mm.
Spanvall Unmixed Peat
Peat has a very high absorbency capacity and goes a long way. The low pH-value of the Peat reduces the occurrence of sulcus thrush while also fixing the smell of ammonia. This provides an improved stable climate without dust and odour nuisances.
Application of Peat Bedding
1 bigbale per 1.000 m2
- High absorbency, up to ten times its own weight at 35 percent humidity
- Firm, springy and heat-insulating base
- Fixes ammonia
- Minimal consumption, as the peat does not often need replacing
- Less requirement for additional treatment and less space required for storage and dung heap
- Quickly composted into valuable garden compost
- Good stable climate for animals and people